This program ran successfully in 2011 and has now ended.
The Tap by Tap program was piloted in the District of Saanich in a partnership with the Capital Regional District (CRD) and Fortis BC. The Tap by Tap program thanks the District of Saanich, the CRD and Fortis BC for their leadership and financial support which helped create the foundation for the current and future Tap by Tap initiatives in municipalities across BC.
Why did more than 1,000 residents participate in Tap By Tap Saanich?
By installing an Energy and Water Saving Kit,they:
- Saved over 40,000 litres of water each year
- Saved $70 to $135 on your energy bills each year
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions generated through water heating
- Enhanced drinking water quality by maintaining higher water levels in Sooke Lake
- Defered the need for developing new sources of drinking water
- Reduced the costs, energy and materials required to treat and deliver water
For more information on the Tap by Tap Saanich initiative see: http://www.saanich.ca/living/climate/tapbytap.html
The Tap by Tap program was piloted in the District of Saanich in 2011 with the financial support and leadership of the District of Saanich, the Capital Regional District and FortisBC.